Hello everyone!! :)
If you're from Cagayan de Oro City and you want to get a DFA RED RIBBON Cert. for your PRC documents, I have made this blog to guide you on what to do. This is based from my own experience, so you'll be getting firsthand information.
There are two things to remember before processing your documents. First, DFA in Cagayan de Oro does not release RED Ribbon Cert. DFA in Manila is the only one that releases this cert. Second, it is only DHL who can process your DFA Red Ribbon Cert. in Manila. If you use DHL's services, you won't have to go to Manila just to get the cert. They will deliver at your own doorstep.
So, what are the things you need to do? Follow the steps below.
1. Go to the PRC office along Corrales Avenue. (If you don't know where it is, every driver in town knows the location, so just ask.)
2. Photocopy the following:
* PRC Board Passer Certification
*PRC Rating (the one in blue paper)
PRC does not require number of photocopies but I had 2 photocopies per document just to make sure. Each copy costs P1.50.
3. Buy BIR stamps according to the number of photocopies. Each stamp costs P25.00.
Since I had 2 photocopies per document (6 photocopies in all), I bought 6 stamps. You have to buy at PRC only.
Note: PRC is quite strict in terms of photocopies and stamps. There is a photocopier and stamps are available inside the PRC office. You might as well have your documents photocopied there.
4. Look for the Window which has an "Authentication" signage. Ask for a request form for DFA authentication. Fill-in the form. Submit the form along with the ORIGINAL and PHOTOCOPIED documents and the stamps. Then, the teller will tell you to wait for your name to be called.
5. Once your name is called, go directly to the Cashier and pay for the authentication.
In my case, I paid P450.00 for the authentication of the 6 photocopies.
6. After paying, they will ask you to wait for your name to be called again.
7. A teller will call you and you have to sign a paper/form. He/she will then give you your original documents and a claim stub with the date when the RED RIBBON CERTIFICATION of the authenticated copies will be released in DFA-Manila.
I went to PRC on April 2, 2012. My Red Ribbon Certification will be released on April 19, 2012. Yes, that's about two weeks.
8. Get the claim stub.
The processing in PRC is very fast. It only took me less than 30 minutes to get my claim stub.
9. Go directly to DHL (that's near the Amphitheatre). Submit the claim stub to the clerk and pay for the processing fee.
Because there were 6 documents (authenticated photocopies) submitted at PRC, DHL charged me P1,077.00 for the processing of the RED RIBBON Certification.
10. DHL will now be the one to process your Red Ribbon and you will have to wait for another 7-14 days after the releasing date in DFA-Manila. They will deliver the RED RIbbon cert. at your own doorstep.
The releasing date of my Red Ribbon in DFA-Manila is April 19, 2012 (as indicated in my PRC claim stub), that means I'd be able to get the RED RIBBON on the 1st or second week of March.
To sum, it will take about a month to get a RED RIBBON Certification from DFA for PRC documents if you are in the province like Misamis Oriental.
I hope I was able to help you. Leave a comment if you have questions.